Thursday, March 18, 2010

Campusgossip.com, Olivia Davidson Hall. Housing problems and student qualities.

People have claimed many times that Tuskegee has problems with housing because of the students that damage facilities.

This could be a legitimate answer. However, it is the quality of people that the school admits on a regular basis. I touched earlier before of the many people with 1.5-2.0 with 10-15 ACT scores that the school admits. The money is a massive reason. Tuskegee cares not if you're prepared for collegiate study, they just want the money from you. Most people who attend this institution of substandard learning graduate in more than four years.

However, let us give you a perfect example of the types of people that attend here. (The website is glitchy. If the information does not pull up, go to campusgossip.com, search for Tuskegee University. Click on Gossip after the search. If you see a blank page again, go back to the search bar and search for Tuskegee University again, click on gossip and it should appear)

Yes indeed. These people are appalling. Women bragging of the many men that they've had sex with. Men bragging of the women that they've infected with STDs. People disrespecting those who are training to become officers of the United States Armed Forces.

This is terrible, and these are the types of issues that Tuskegee University allows and permits.

For those who have daughters that want to attend the University, this later part of this post pertains to you. Olivia Davidson Hall is one of the standard dormitories for women. If you have a daughter, she'll likely be dropped in OD. So what kind of conditions is she subject to?

These.



Yes, that's a shower. Now as for that microwave up there, we can assume that the popcorn is quite tangy.
Yes, this is the type of prestige that Tuskegee holds.

We were also notified that a user under the name of "TuskExpose" had submitted an iReport of this site to CNN. We are no way affiliated with them, but we don't mind them using the name.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-421652

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Tuskegee-University-Exposed/271521126234 - Tuskegee University Exposed Facebook Page

http://twitter.com/tuskegeeexposed - Tuskegee University Exposed Twitter page

tuskegeeexposed@gmail.com - Tuskegee University Exposed Email. Submit reports to us! Even if it seems like a small issue...we're interested to know about your experiences. Photos, stories, etc. We WANT to know! If the administration won't listen to you (they won't, don't even bother), we will! As always, all reports posted to the blog will be anonymous

15 comments:

  1. Meh, I lived in OD last year. Must of had a good room and access to a decent microwave (there are 3) because I didn't have a problem living there. I didn't see any of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! thats some bull. TSU is worse! trust me i know! fall back off of Tuskegee you gone see that sort of stuff anywhere, and its not the school you should be blaming. If thats the case then you blame the student, because they make the mess.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a difference between mess made by students and lack of efficient fixings of staff. Now I just completed my first year at Tuskegee and I stayed in OD. OD wasn't all bad. I stayed on the first floor. Grant it, I didn't see all of those things in the pictures but the showers? Eww. I took pictures myself and sent them to my father letting him know the type of conditions I was living in. There is a cleaning lady but she doesn't clean out the showers all the way. She spray her little clorox and is done. The mold in the showers is real. The messed up drawers in the rooms is real. That other stuff... not real at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently a student at Tuskegee and I am appalled by such horrid accusations. Sure the people can be a bit rowdy but that's not the ENTIRE student body. Tuskegee is a fine school and I amenjoying myself tremendously. These buildings have been standing since this school is open and yes, they're going to be a bit messy because for one they are old. For two, we are COLLEGE STUDENTS who were once under the supervision of our parents. We feel liberated to not want to clean our room and as for those pics. I really don't think that the hall is that bad to have students staying in therE. I've walked through OD and I have never seen such horrific sights while I was there. I heard the bathrooms were nasty and some of the rooms were a little jacked but still.... the school is old. So, get up off Tuskegee. They ARE currently working on building new dormitories anyway.
    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not all the girls brag about the guys they've slept with. I'm a student at TU and I reside in OD and it doesn't look that bad. The school is old and run down but after your freshman year it gets better. And I have a 3.3 gpa and my SAT score was a 1630> so your little stat up there is incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooooo ill be there this Fall.... X-/ im scared now lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all true I just took my daughter to TU and she is living in OD. and The building is very nasty, stinky and not to mention nothing is in working condition from broken light switches only 1 washing machine for the whole building, and lets not even talk about the black mold in the showers. My daughter hates it there and will be transferring to a school who has decent housing for 27,000 a year this is unacceptable, also no one to complain to after your bill is paid they just dont care. I plan to tell everyone I know dont even think about sending their child to TU. She has many problems from class scheduling to staff stealing her money out of her room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wooow im soo scared im coming in the fall, and i hope thts not wat i have to expect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. im going in the fall to and i have a 3.4 gpa with a 24 act so if thats the case why would they put me in there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. on a real note , I honestly dont even want to be in od anymore , i knew i didnt before but like now , this just made a statement of not wanting to be even in the essence of presence of this place . sigh .

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is crazy. This HAS to be false. I pray God doesnt let me live in that filth. I'd rather live in a box. =( I just want to go to schoooooool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so next week ill be going to TU as a freshman. Im in OD . Ill be SURE to have thee best cleaning products on deck. I do not play about nasty showers . NO NO ! If i to have the building smelling like chlorox and bleach soo be it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you.

    my web blog :: prescription glasses frames

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I just wrote a whole paragraph and it deleted but to sum it up , I transferred in and got put in Adams Hall (though i was not a freshman) because OD is now closed. Those pictures are not an exaggeration. Adams look just like that. I even found out that I had been sleeping on a moldy mattress for an entire year without even knowing. I almost cried when we had to flip the mattresses at the end of the year. Although i appreciate this site because i finally feel like i have a voice now, I disagree with the post that said we were being brainwashed into loving mediocrity because were black. I love my school to death all day and im intelligent enough to have my own mind and know when im being brainwashed. I love my school the way one loves their first car. It may be old dirty and raggedy but it was your first experience of freedom and no other car could ever compare. Its all just part of the #TuskegeeExperience

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you a part of ANY effort to improve TU? Have you written a check to TU? I am and I will continue to do so, although I am a graduate of another HBCU. I live in the community and I LOVE TUSKEGEE. Typically, many African Americans, do not score well on standardized tests for a myriad of reasons not of our making. To address this disparity, historically, TU, like many HBCUs, accepts students with low test scores because this is just one indicator of ability and potential for success. I was one of those students and as a result of the opportunity TU gave me, I graduated from another HBCU and earned my Master's degree from the University of Georgia, one of the top five U.S. journalism schools. My reports went to the White House annually for 13 years. While it receives LIMITED support from the state, TU is not a state-supported college/university. So, TU does not look like larger/ majority institutions. But, maybe it would if the students didn't tear up so bad EVERY YEAR. Monies spent on these repairs should be used for maintenance/upkeep. Colleges provide housekeeping not maid service. Me, I don't sit around and complain. I write a check to my Alma Mater and oversee fundraising activities for my class. I worked at TU after I left the federal government. Our family history of financial giving to TU is well documented. Next year I'm joining the TU Alumni Association. I give my time, talent, and treasures. So, Anonymous Author. What are YOU going to do? #NotJustBumpingMyGums

    ReplyDelete